MINISTRY OF MANPOWER (MOM) UPDATES
1. From 4 February 2013, MOM requires a clear copy of a Verification Proof for new applications / renewal of applicants with Diploma and above qualifications obtained from China
2. S Pass Qualifying Salary Criteria raised from $2000 to $2200 and higher (to be effective from 1 July 2013 for all new applications)
3. From July 2013, the salary threshold for full-time employment will be increased to $1000.
4.Progressive increase in levies for both S Pass and Work Permit Holders
5. Dependency Ratio Ceiling (DRC) for the Services Sector to be lowered from 45% to 40%; S Pass sub-DRC will be lowered from 20% to 15%
6. With effect from 1 July 2013, there will be Job Flexibility for the entire Services sector. Services WPHs will be allowed to multi-task to raise productivity, and help companies cope with labour constraints.
WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH (WSH) COUNCIL
1. The enhanced Construction Safety Orientation Course (CSOC) will take effect from 1 May 2013
- A 2 day course instead of the current 1 day course
- New Practical Training and Assessments
- Training to be conducted in both Overseas and Local Training Centres